If you’re going on a walk, visiting your local park or just enjoying the sunshine in the garden why not organise a scavenger hunt and see how many Swallows and Amazonsish items you can find?
You will need:
- Scavenger Hunt Card, printed onto A4 paper, cut into two and, if desired, laminated
- Pencil or white board pen (if laminated)
What to do:
- Split into teams if you like and search for the following items:
- Something Mate Susan could use to start her fire
- A stone shaped like a skull or bone
- A feather for Ginty
- Something the colour of Swallow’s sail
- A stick the right shape for dowsing
- The wrapper from Roger’s favourite food
- Something to make a patteran
- Something to prevent scurvy
- A substitute for tent pegs
- A daisy “from the Beckfoot Lawn”
- A clean handkerchief (“or clean yesterday at least”)
- A flower the colour of the Amazons’ hats
- At the end compare what you have found. Who has got the most? Who has found the most unusual item?
If not duffers…
Don’t go anywhere without an adult’s knowledge and permission.