In The Picts and the Martyrs Nancy sends the Ds a message by mowing the words “No go” into the Beckfoot lawn. Here is how you can send your own message like Nancy does, only in miniature.
You will need:
- A plastic tray (one that doesn’t matter too much)
- Paper kitchen towel
- Small jug or plant sprayer
- Cress seeds
What to do:
- Lay paper towel over the base of the tray, build up at least six layers.
- Damp the paper towel until it is wet but not so wet that puddles form.
- Sprinkle cress seeds all over the paper towel, you need to use quite a lot.
- Place somewhere warm such as the kitchen window sill.
- When the cress has grown into a thick, green lawn use scissors to cut your message into it. Don’t make it too obvious unless you want any old native to be able to read it!
If not duffers…
Remember to take care when using, passing and walking with scissors.