1. Request logon and password from firstname.lastname@example.org (You can change the password later)
2. Logon to the website (log in). Your “Dashboard” will appear.
3. Hover mouse over “The Arthur Ransome Society (TARS)” in black ribbon at top left of page, and click on Visit Site
3. Navigate to your Region, via Regions
4. + New (Post), using the built-in editor, adding pictorial media as required (+ New Media). Publish
5. Check content with View Post
6. Edit as necessary by Edit Post. Publish
7. Events can be entered in the same way, via Events
8. Slideshows can be easily created (eg as in TARSEast):-
(To cut down upload times, reduce the size of your images and edit them;also edit so that they are all landscape in orientation)
a) Manage Gallery – give your slideshow a name eg TARSEast 2012
b) Manage Slides – upload your chosen images from your computer by choose image, give it a name, select chosen gallery, upload file, save slide (be patient, it takes time). You can edit the descriptions posthoc – hover your mouse over the name and choose edit
c) Decide where your slideshow is to go by clicking at the location and clicking on the slideshow icon/button (rightmost on the editor top line).
9. Alternatively, add blocks of images:-
a) Place cursor where you want the block to appear
b) Click on the add media button above the editor, create gallery
c) Click on upload/select files
d) Create new gallery
e) Change order if required
f) Insert gallery
10. To insert links to other posts/pages inside or to outside website URLs :–
a) Select link word(s)
b) Click on the link button near the middle of the editor top row
c) Select the inside post/page to link to, or enter the outside URL.
e) To remove links, as above but use the break link button.