But he was much more: bohemian, media correspondent during the Russian Revolution, spy, sailor, fisherman, pipe smoker…
Suggestions on how to navigate the site:-
To learn more about the Society, click here.
To become a member of the Society, click here.
If you are a member of the Society and wish to access resources in the Members Only pages, log on, then click here. (If this link appears crossed out, ignore and click the link)
To find out what events are happening in your Region, click on Calendar or the event in the right-hand sidebar.
To navigate to your Regional Pages, click here
To pay money to the Society for membership subscriptions (new and renewals), services (including the TARS Stall) and donations, click here
To learn more about Arthur Ransome, click here
Popular links in the TARS section of this site include:
- International AGM
- Literary Weekend
- TARS Publications
- Information about the Ship’s Baby Fund.
- The TARS Library, offering a lending service to Society members.
- Information about TARS Overseas.
- The Society Stall, which offers a wide range of Ransome-related items.
- The Red Slipper Research Fund, making research grants to membersIf you have any questions about TARS, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com and we will do our best to help.
- A biography of Arthur Ransome.
- An outline bibliography of his published works.
- Suggested further reading about Arthur Ransome.
- Information about museum and archive resources relating to Arthur Ransome.
- A timeline of Arthur Ransome’s life.
- AR’s sailing life
Then and Now – scenes from We Didn’t Mean To Go To Sea:-